Monday 19 April 2010

What kind of media institutions might distribute your media product and why?
One of the product companies we included in our film was ‘Paramount Pictures’. This was due to the genre and style of our film. The film is a violent gangster/mafia type of movie and therefore we compared it to movies such as The Godfather whose product company was Paramount Pictures. We also made up the name of a production company and named it ‘One Shot Pictures’. This is because we thought our film would be able to get new companies to invest in us and promote us and a company like one shot pictures would therefore be promoting violent gangster type movies. The film may not be totally British so we could be open to a wider audience such as America and Europe. This is because the genre chosen is a popular genre and therefore should be open to the wider market.
If I had the chance I would first like to show my film at a film festival. This is because I am not experienced and would therefore want to learn from other film makers and see how I large diverse audience would react to my film. I could therefore see what I need to improve when starting off at small conventions like these and possibly build up a filming career when bigger events and chances come up.
The film may be released on DVD very soon after being bought out due to the fact that we would have companies such as Paramount Pictures involved. The DVD distribution would make the film more assessable and possibly boost ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment